Merida Silex + 8000E
At launch it was hailed as the most comfortable and versatile Merida ever. The modern MTB inspired geometry; with long top and head tubes and a short stem offers nimble, confidence-inspiring handling. The press loved it: “exceptional ride quality” (Cycling Plus), “a highly versatile bike” (IMB), “the best bike of this genre” (Offroad CC).
The bike has 5 separate bottle mounting points to allow for many luggage carrying options. Luggage and accessory range available increasing versatility.
The frame is made from triple butted and hydroformed 6066 series aluminium tubing with smooth welding. Tapered head tube for steering precision, Internal cable routing, BB386, flat mount disc calliper interface with disc cooler technology. 1900g – M +/- 3%
The unique tyres were developed especially for us by Maxxis to have a smooth centre for road riding and knobbly shoulders for off-road grip.
Max. tyre width 700 x 42c (road profile) or 650b x 42mm (road profile).
- (M) 50cm
- CF2 carbon frame with upright gravel geometry for stable but nimble handling. Tapered head tube and 12 mm bolt though axles provide stiffness and steering precision. Featuring internal cable routing and Press-Fit 86 bottom bracket
- Silex CF2; Tapered steerer; carbon
- Fulrcum Rapid Red 500 wheelset; 100x12 mm axle; 142x12 mm axle; Centerlock; aluminium rear with Merida Expert SL axle including removable lever; 6/4mm allen key
- Fulrcum Rapid Red 500 wheelset; 23 mm inner width; 24 mm deep; aluminium
- Ultralite - 48mm Presta valve
- Kenda Flintridge PRO; 650Bx45C; Kevlar bead - folding; TR
- Shimano GRX Dsc DI2
- Shimano GRX
- Shimano GRX810; 40 teeth
- Shimano SLX; 11-42 teeth; 11 speed
- FSA 386-BB30 PF6000 [SMN FC]
- KMC X11
- Not included
- Shimano GRX810 DI2; Hydraulic disc brakes with Shimano RT800; 160mm rotors
- Merida Road Expert
- Merida Expert GR; aluminium
- Merida Expert CW; aluminium; 31.8 mm diameter; -8 degree rise
- Merida Expert CC; V-mount; including Merida minitool
- Merida Silex
- Merida Team CC; carbon; 30.9 mm diameter; 0 mm layback; S-FLEX
- Dark Silver/Black
- Merida multitool in under saddle box. Disc cooler technology
Sizing available S,M,L,XL
Please email to confirm sizing and stock availability before ordering.